Happy new year! My name is Dr. James R. Garven, and I am your professor for the Spring 2021 edition of the Finance 4366 (Options, Futures, and Other Derivatives) course. Here are a few things to keep in mind as we head into the beginning of the Spring 2021 semester:
1. Finance 4366 will meet on Tuesday and Thursday from 11 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. via Zoom (beginning on January 19).
2. The home page for the Finance 4366 course website is at http://fin4366.garven.com, and the course syllabus is available at http://fin4366.garven.com/syllabus.pdf. Course-related documents (e.g., assigned readings, problem sets, sample exams, lecture notes, etc.) are distributed from the course website. (Important Note: the password for gaining access to password-protected page links is listed in item 3 on the Spring 2021 Finance 4366 Canvas home page).
3. The course blog is at http://derivatives.garven.com and linked from the “Course Blog” button on the home page of the course website. I use the course blog to post important announcements and provide insights linking course topics with the “real” world. I require that all students enrolled in Finance 4366 subscribe to the course blog via email; instructions for doing so are provided here. Students may also follow the course blog on Facebook or Twitter but are not required to do so.
5. Be sure to read “Required Text Materials in Finance 4366” at https://wp.me/paORhh-2c4 prior to making a textbook purchase, as the information provided there may save you some money!
6. Please complete the Finance 4366 Student Information Survey (at https://bit.ly/FIN4366survey) prior to the first day of class on January 19 so I can read up on all of your names, academic backgrounds, interests, and aspirations (similar information about me is available at http://garven.com). I count the Finance 4335 Student Information Survey as a problem set which receives a grade of 100 (if successfully completed any time between now and the second day of class on January 21), and 0 otherwise
In closing, I hope you have had a wonderful Christmas break and that you are looking forward to a happy and productive Spring 2021 semester at Baylor University (particularly in Finance 4366)!